While Turkey may be the star of the show for Thanksgiving dinner, the supporting cast, a.k.a. the sides, play a pretty important role for a lot of people. And for many, it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving dinner without them.
A new Campbell’s poll finds:
- 90% of folks plan to serve the same number or even more sides for their Thanksgiving meal this year.
- But they won’t necessarily be the same old same old, with 54% saying they plan to try new recipes this year.
- So, what are America’s favorite sides?
- The top Five include:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Mac & Cheese
- And it sounds like for many, Thanksgiving is actually all about the sides.
- In fact, half of those polled say they’d be happy only eating side dishes on Thanksgiving.
- And another 73% say they’ve complained about not having enough space on their plate for their sides.
Source: Yahoo Finance
How many sides do you usually serve at Thanksgiving? Do you plan to make any changes to your side dish menu this year?